What to do after Business or Farm Loss
The most important thing to remember is to act quickly. Reporting the claim and protecting yourself and property from further loss are very important issues. Timeliness is not only important for investigative purposes, but also your responsibility as a policyholder. The following pointers will help you in dealing with a loss.
Call 1-800-934-3809 to report a claim.
- Report any burglary or theft to the police.
- Make temporary repairs and take other steps to protect your property from further damage. Remember to save the receipts for what you spend to protect your property for reimbursement from your insurer.
- Prepare a list of lost or damaged articles.
- Save receipts for any additional living expenses you incur if your home is so severely damaged that you have to find other accommodations while repairs are being made.
- Provide needed information to the insurance representative assigned to handle your claim.
- Ask your agent for information about coverage, limits, deductibles, estimates and any other concerns you may have.
- Your agent and claims adjuster will want to ensure that your claim settlement is fair and complete. Discuss any concerns or questions you may have with them.