Vehicle accidents are never a pleasant experience, but there are a few things that you can do to make the experience less stressful and complicated. Remembering to follow these few pointers can assist you in handling the situation.
- Call an ambulance for anyone seriously injured.
- DO NOT ADMIT RESPONSIBILITY nor sign any statement except for the Company's claim representative.
- DO NOT DISCLOSE YOUR POLICY LIMITS TO ANYONE.
- List date, time, place of accident, responding police department and to whom tickets were issued.
- Secure year, make, model, color, license plate number, owner, and state of registration of other vehicle(s).
- Secure other party's Insurance company name, policy number, agent, and telephone number.
- Secure names, addresses, and phone numbers of all persons in the other vehicle(s) and apparent injuries.
- BE SURE TO OBTAIN NAMES, ADDRESSES AND PHONE NUMBERS OF ALL WITNESSES.
- Comply with state laws by filing required Motor Vehicle Accident Report.
- Report the accident at once to Oregon Mutual's Claim Reporting Center.
Call 1-800-934-3809 to report a claim.
Need assistance in selecting a repair shop?
Our Customer Automobile Appraisal and Repair Service (or CAARS) program will help you find an approved and trusted auto body repair shop in your area to have your car inspected, appraised and possibly repaired. It is completely your choice where you take your vehicle after you have filed a claim. This program is just part of Oregon Mutual’s effort to provide an increased level of customer claim service and to control claim costs.
Check the listing of approved shops in your state